Imagine a natural scenery so impactful able to be recorded in your memory forever. Nature is full of incredible whims. Wet Desert, lights that dance, geysers that spouts from the ground, underwater caves, volcanoes asleep, and etc. These are just some of the many phenomena that leave any one of us with our jaws dropped.
1) The Aurora Borealis is one of the most striking natural phenomena from the face of the Earth. It is a show of colored dancing lights that happens in the polar regions of the planet. Therefore, you need to be prepared to witness this spectacular show. But, you know what? It is worth every effort. To see the aurora borealis, a good season is the beginning of November and a good location is the Lapland.
2) The Lençois Maranhenses which are located in Maranhão, as the name says, and are the only copy of a “wet” desert in the world. Huge white sand dunes form small ponds of rain water from a beautiful blue color after the rainy season that runs from March to May. The ideal time to visit the park is from June to September. After that, the ponds dry up gradually and disappear.
3) The Geyseres del Tatio are in the Atacama Desert. It’s divine to watch the spectacle of hot water jetting to many meters in height in the middle of the desert as if it were a “pressure cooker”. It is a super interesting phenomenon that usually occurs in volcanic areas. The best time of day is the sunrise when the colors are changing and reflecting on the steam from the water.
4) The Great Blue Hole in Belize, is one of the largest underwater caves in the world and one of the most beautiful when seen from above. The crater is just over 300 meters wide and has the shape of a circle. A lot of people go there to dive.
5) The fervedouros are the big stars of Jalapão, in the heart of Tocantins. They are ponds of very clean blue water. Generally, the fervedouros are surrounded by banana trees. At the bottom of the ponds, what you see are the bubbles rising from a source with a lot of pressure. The most fun is that even trying, not to sink, the pressure will play upwards. Amazing!
6) The volcanoes of Costa Rica are a unique beauty. One of the most visited is the Poas Volcano. It is about an hour and a half of the capital San José and tends to be visited on a hit-and-back. You can get really close to it. In it’s mouth, it has an acid lake with an intense turquoise color. It is definitely worth the trip.
These are just some of the many natural phenomena with which nature presents us. Have you witness any other that is worth visiting? Which one?! Share with us.
XoXo and see you all next Tuesday!