I love seeing places in this world that have marked me and brought me good experiences. Madrid is one of those destinations. In fact, all of Spain is passionate. Last week I had the pleasure of returning to Madrid and I share with you five powerful tips.
1. Lunch at Quintin, a wonderful restaurant, of attentive service and super cozy atmosphere, in the elegant Serrano neighborhood. The menu is all delicious and the wine list is excellent. Make a reservation because it is super crowded.
2. Stay at The Principal, a very well located hotel in front of the iconic Metropolis building, near Cibelis Square. The hotel has delicious breakfast, a fantastic rooftop to enjoy the sunset, modern decorated rooms and another thing I loved was getting a portable wi-fi whenever I left the hotel to have a connection around town. Super practical!
3. Visit the Reina Sofia Museum, my favorite in Madrid. Be sure to see and be moved by Guernica, the work of Pablo Picasso of 1937, which has a beautiful symbolism of peace. The large canvas is a manifesto against the violence of wars. It makes you think!
4. To enter the local gastronomy in a direct and uncomplicated way, go to the San Angel Market, near the Plaza Mayor. Taste the flavours of Spain. Try everything in sight.
5. Walk in the immense and beautiful Parque del Retiro. It is the lung of the city. Its gardens were designed in the seventeenth century and are beautiful. Go to the Crystal Palace, a glassed-in greenhouse facing a lake. Pure charm.
Did you write down the tips? Madrid is more beautiful and interesting every day. A grand and elegant capital that is worth the trip.
XoXo and see you all next Tuesday!