With the weather starting to heat up as spring gears up for summer, longer days and warmer nights are on the horizon. And while there are many things to look forward to with the heat wave, it also means your skin, hands, and lips will probably be feeling extra dry (especially if your air conditioning is working overtime). Fortunately there are products that can rescue your skin from even the driest of environments, and today we’re focusing specifically on lip balm. A quality lip balm can hydrate and soothe chapped lips to restore moisture levels and get you back to feeling comfortable. Below are 6 of the best lip balms for dry weather to quench parched lips.
Top: Camila Coelho Collection Malena Blouse via Revolve | Jewelry: Dior
1. Fresh Beauty Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm ($26)— Once you try this product, you’ll never go back. This ultra-hydrating formula soothes lips for up to 24 hours thanks to ingredients like sugar and orange extract that help lock in moisture and protect your lips. It also has a hint of sheen to make your lips looks fuller and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm ($22)— Summer Fridays’ newest launch has been causing major buzz on social media (and for good reason!) thanks to it’s chic packaging and moisturizing powers. This product is more of a mask than a balm, but it’s non-sticky formula features shea and seed butters to soothe, heal, and condition chapped lips. It also has a slight vanilla flavor and beautiful shine that will make this an all around lip treat.
3. Bite Beauty Agave + Daytime Vegan Lip Balm ($14)— Get ready for eight hours of hydration thanks to Bite Beauty’s cocoa butter-enriched formula. The soft texture and orange-vanilla scent is never sticky or waxy so it delivers a soothing, comfortable wear.
Photo: Summer Fridays
4. Palmer’s Swivel Stick Cocoa Butter Lip Moisturizer ($3)— Don’t let the price tag on this classic product fool you, it provides major hydration! The cocoa butter and vitamin E work together to moisturize chapped lips using clean, plant-based ingredients. It can also be used on other dry patches of skin like your elbows or knees.
5. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($20)— You’ve probably already heard the hype around the Lineage Lip Sleeping Mask and it definitely lives up to its reputation. Used at night or during the day, this leave-on mask absorbs quickly to treat and nourish chapped lips. Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, this formula delivers hyaluronic acid to the lips to help hydrate and lock in moisture.
6. Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm ($10)— This 100% natural formula uses beeswax, honey, and cupuaçu butter to hydrate lips and create a protective barrier to lock in moisture. The honey also delivers antioxidants to the lips to protect against environmental damage.
What’s your favorite lip balm for hydration?
Let us know in the comments below!