Yay! Week of celebration in Gramado. The city will be filled because of the Film Festival from August 17 to 25. Many people will shine when crossing the red carpet. There are 9 national and 5 foreign films, as well as several Brazilian short films. The awards ceremony will be on Saturday the 25th. Take advantage of the popular party and go there.
Since I am Gaucho and Gramado is part of my life since always, I will give the best tips for you to enjoy the week.
1) August is cold and nothing like a good fondue in the mountains. Reserve a table for dinner at the charming Petit Clos.
2) Chocolate is a must in Gramado. I love the Caracol, Planalto and Lugano shops.
3) Walk along Avenida Borges de Medeiros which is always decorated according to the party. It is the main street and where the Palace of Festivals is located, St. Peter’s Church, Coberta Street and many charming shops.
4) Take a walk or ride a paddle boat on Lago Negro, one of Gramado’s main postcards.
5) Try the Colonial Bela Vista Café. But know that you will not be able to taste even half of what will be served. It is worth skipping lunch to face the multitude of goodies served.
6) Take advantage to explore the city of Cinnamon that is close and super cute. The highlight of it all is the Cathedral of Stone.
7) Parque do Caracol is on the road that connects Gramado and Canela. Do not forget to visit the park where the beautiful waterfall is 130 meters high. At the exit, stop at the Castelinho and indulge in a divine Apfelstrudel and apple tea.
8) A great galeto is a must in Gramado! I suggest the Nonno Mio; a reference in the typical gastronomy of the region.
9) For a very nice stay, choose the Estalagem St. Hubertus if you want a lot of peace and Pousada Casa da Montanha if you want to stay in a very central point.
Jot down all these tips and make your way to Gramado!