During the hot, sticky summer months, the last thing you want to do is put on heavy full-coverage foundation. But if the idea of going totally bare-faced is equally unappealing, it can feel like a catch 22. Luckily, we were introduced to hybrid makeup products a few years back that marry the benefits of quality skincare ingredients with the skin-perfecting light coverage of makeup. These products are known as BB and CC creams. BB cream (short for beauty balm) is essentially a tinted moisturizer with added skincare ingredients like acids or SPF. These offer a light coverage with added skin benefits meant to allow you to skip other steps in your skincare routine.
CC creams, on the other hand, offer more coverage than a BB cream while also still being lighter than a traditional foundation. CC creams also have added benefits like anti-aging properties or fading discoloration. These are perfect for summer because they’re lightweight and packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients like SPF so you can cut down steps in your routine while also feeling put together. Below are some of the best CC cream formulas for summer that won’t leave you feeling cakey.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50 — This product is a cult favorite for a reason: It offers full coverage plus it’s enriched with collagen, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue — If you’re looking for sheer to medium coverage, this one’s for you. This CC cream uses mineral electrolytes to keep the skin hydrated while evening out skin tone.
- Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream — Bring out your natural glow with this medium coverage formula that also hydrates and corrects redness.
- Erborian Radiance CC Cream — Like all other Korean skincare products, this one is a true gem. Not only does the color-matching pigment even out your complexion instantly, but it also gives you a lit-from-within glow (plus it has SPF to protect your skin from the sun).
- Armani Prima Color Control —Made with ingredients like vitamin E and SPF, this radiant CC cream color corrects, hydrates, and protects.
Shop the CC Creams:
What’s your favorite CC cream?